Rear-end collision injuries can be devastating. The amount of force that occurs is incredible when one vehicle strikes another, often creating significant and long-lasting injuries. If you have been in an accident like this, take action now. Our Tacoma rear-end car accident lawyer can guide you in learning what your rights are in recovering damages from your accident.
We highly recommend visiting an emergency room and following through with medical care after an accident like this. Then, work with our dedicated team of professionals who will work hard to protect your rights in getting the compensation owed to you.
Remember, we do not get paid unless you win your case. Contact us to discuss your case with The Law Office of Blake Kremer in Tacoma, Washington.
What to Do Following a Rear-End Car Accident
When a rear-end car accident occurs, remain calm. If you feel okay, remove yourself from danger, such as getting out of the car if it is safe to do so. Check on the other driver. Then, try to move to the side of the road out of the way of traffic.
Your first step should always be to call for medical care. Even if you feel okay, it is best to get the police on the scene right away. Washington law states that drivers must report accidents they are involved with if there is at least $500 worth of damage. We recommend filing a police report in every situation. Doing this helps to establish what occurred and helps preserve information about the case.
Try to gather as much information from the accident as possible if it is safe for you to do so. This may include:
- Names and contact information for all parties involved
- Contact information for witnesses
- Pictures of the incident and all surrounding areas
- A statement about what you remember occurring, such as swerving, where you were, if the person was on the phone or other details you experienced
Once you do this and get the care that you need, contact our legal team for help. The Law Office of Blake Kremer will immediately begin working to protect your rights. Never admit any guilt and always provide accurate information about what was occurring. Let our team handle the communications with insurance companies and the police after this point.
Types of Injuries a Rear-End Collision Causes
As a Tacoma rear-end car accident lawyer with decades of experience, Attorney Blake Kremer has seen a wide range of injuries occur to people. Rear-end collision injuries can sometimes be intense and devastating. Even if they are not initially, they may worsen, and you may find yourself struggling with pain, mobility issues, and more.
Some of the most common rear-end collision injuries include:
- Whiplash: This condition typically involves the rapid forward and backward movement of the neck and head caused by the force of the impact. Damage to the neck, shoulders, back, and even brain damage, can occur. Whiplash may not be experienced until a few days after the accident occurs.
- Back sprains and strains: The ligaments and tendons in the back could suffer significant soft tissue damage. This can be painful, but in some cases, it can worsen over time. That may indicate a need for surgery.
- Slipped or herniated discs: The spinal column is made of several bones called the vertebrae and discs between them, which are rubbery cushions that help to provide compression support. In an accident, the jarring movement of the vehicle can cause the discs to slip out of place. When this happens, it can create intense pain, nerve damage, or numbness. It could cause muscle weakness, numbness, or pain in your arm or leg.
- Spinal fractures: It is not uncommon for a spinal fracture to occur, which means that one or more vertebrae suffer damage. This can also expose the spinal cord to damage, which can lead to mobility loss.
Rear-end collision injuries may be instantly debilitating, or they may worsen over time. In all cases, do not overlook the likely financial strain these types of losses can incur, especially if you lose time at work, require surgery, or need long-term rehabilitation. That is where your Tacoma rear-end car accident attorney can help you.
Tacoma Rear-End Car Accident Lawyer FAQ
A devastating accident like this can lead to numerous concerns. Our Tacoma rear-end car accident attorney will answer all of your questions in our consultation with you (we can do this right over the phone). Here are some common questions we receive.
Who is at fault in a rear-end car accident?
In most situations, the vehicle striking the one in front of them is at fault. That is because they lost control over their vehicle. There may be some limitations to this. Our team will help determine what occurred and try to find out why when you work with us.
How long will it take to settle a rear-end car accident?
The length of time it takes to settle a rear-end car accident really depends on the circumstances. Most often, we will work to pursue the most effective and efficient manner to get you the settlement you deserve. However, that may not be easy to do if the insurance company tries to refute the claims. We pursue legal action aggressively so that you get fair compensation. It could take weeks, though months are more common. If it goes to trial, it could take longer.
Contact Our Team for Immediate Help
Since 1992, Attorney Blake Kremer has helped recover compensation for clients who have suffered losses due to car accidents they did not cause. We are here to help you, too.
Blake’s clients trust him, and his work is perhaps the most critical part of his ability to advocate for them. As a third-generation attorney, Attorney Kremer was raised with a passion for helping people get justice for what they’ve lost. Contact Blake now to set up a consultation to discuss your case. He serves all of Tacoma, Seattle, Olympia, Everett, and the surrounding areas.